Quote Castle Quotes Bar


Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Valentines Day Quotes




It’s time for Valentine's Day, the holiday that reminds you that if you don't have a special someone, you're alone...
~Author Unknown

The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it.  You and you alone make me feel that I am alive.  Other men it is said have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough.
~George Moore

We loved with a love that was more than love. 
~Edgar Allan Poe

Love is the magician that pulls man out of his own hat.
~Ben Hecht

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity. 
~Henry Van Dyke

Are we not like two volumes of one book? 
~Marceline Desbordes-Valmore

A bell is no bell 'til you ring it,
A song is no song 'til you sing it,
And love in your heart
Wasn’t put there to stay -
Love isn’t love
'Til you give it away.
~Oscar Hammerstein, Sound of Music, "You Are Sixteen (Reprise)"

I've fallen in love many times... always with you. 
~Author Unknown

Love is much nicer to be in than an automobile accident, a tight girdle, a higher tax bracket or a holding pattern over Philadelphia. 
~Judith Viorst, Redbook, 1975

What I need to live has been given to me by the earth.  Why I need to live has been given to me by you. 
~Author Unknown

I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach. 
~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

When you're in love you never really know whether your elation comes from the qualities of the one you love, or if it attributes them to her; whether the light which surrounds her like a halo comes from you, from her, or from the meeting of your sparks. 
~Natalie Clifford Barney

Take away love and our earth is a tomb. 
~Robert Browning


Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place. 
~Zora Neale Hurston

Love is a game that two can play and both win. 
~Eva Gabor

Without love, the rich and poor live in the same house. 
~Author Unknown

Valentine hearts beat more passionately than everyday hearts. 
~Anonymous, winner of February 2011 quotegarden Twitter create your own quote contest

Without Valentine's Day, February would be... well, January. 
~Jim Gaffigan

We don't believe in rheumatism and true love until after the first attack. 
~Marie Ebner Von Eschenbach, Aphorism

I love thee - I love thee,
'Tis all that I can say
It is my vision in the night,
My dreaming in the day.
~Thomas Hood

Love, and a cough, cannot be hid. 
~George Herbert, Jacula Prudentum, 1651

Love unlocks doors and opens windows that weren't even there before. 
~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

Poetry spills from the cracks of a broken heart, but flows from one which is loved. 
~Christopher Paul Rubero

A man is not where he lives, but where he loves. 
 ~Latin Proverb

Tell me how many beads there are
In a silver chain
Of evening rain,

Unravelled from the tumbling main,
And threading the eye of a yellow star: -
So many times do I love again.
~Thomas Lovell Beddoes

The heart has its reasons that reason knows nothing of. 
~Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 1670

No comments:

Post a Comment